Energy Shift — Such a powerful place where thought clears and creativity explodes. No limits, a sanctuary where earth’s healing energy flows freely, inviting transformation. Not surprisingly, with crystal clear spring water flowing through the many high energy quartz deposits surrounding this unique mountain estate, more sensitive guests have expressed a feeling of calm and wellness upon visiting.
Through a gated entry, a pea-gravel drive meanders past crimson rhododendron and mountain laurel, past barns and pastures, and one of two ponds. Never to be taken for granted, this land demands your attention. The drive through it is stunning, culminating at a clearing where the mansion commands forever views.
At 3000’ elevation, an impressive 8000(+) square foot, 7-bedroom, 7(+) bath residence, is the centerpiece of a 23-acre, private unique mountain estate.
Gaining worldwide attention this property was formerly owned by psychic, author and cosmic communicator Greta Woodrew. It has been a private escape for a past President, and the corporate retreat for the founders of the Space Technology and Research Foundation (S.T.A.R.). It has played host to a multitude of famous visitors from around the world. There are many survival features in place that make this a desirable and unique opportunity. Most recently in 2013, the property was featured on the National Geographic Channel as a Preppers Paradise. It is currently a private, family residence.
With no zoning restrictions and many building sites, there are unlimited expansion opportunities. This unique mountain estate is located less than 3 minutes from exit 20 on I-40. This is the same exit as that taken for access to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. A short 15-minute drive takes you to the vibrant mountain town of Waynesville, and you’re less than 30 minutes from Asheville. The area offers a wealth of cultural activities, live theater, and musical performances and four- season recreational opportunities, including skiing at Cataloochee, boating, fishing, and golf. Both the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the entertainment facilities at Cherokee Resort and Casino are within a short drive.
Designed for those choosing seclusion, security, yet convenience, there are 2 international airports, Charlotte (NC) and Atlanta (GA) within a 2-3-hour drive, plus smaller airports in Asheville, Greenville, and Knoxville. Included on this property is a wide, flat knoll, that can be used as a helipad.
- In August of 2016, the current owners succeeded in re-opening and activating the healing vortex – an energy unlike anywhere else.
- Strategically located in Haywood County, the only county east of the Rockies where all water emanates from within the county borders and no water flows in from other areas.
- Spring water flows through high energy quartz deposits surrounding this Unique Mountain Estate.
- Seven bedrooms including 5 master suites
- A total of 7 full and 2 half baths
- The lower level is complete with Recreation Room, slate-floored Viking Ships Bar, Wine Cellar, Theatre Room, Exercise Room and 10-Person Dry Sauna.
- Extensive use of hardwood, slate, stone and tile floors. An additional attic area on a fourth level runs the full length of the house.
- A security and fire detection system are in place and internet and cell phone access is available.
- Walking paths and trails wind across the forested and cleared, level (ideal for additional home sites) and hillside land.
- There are several small gated and fenced grassy meadows with stables and barns, an upper pond stocked with koi and a lower wildlife pond. Swings and gazebos are dotted across the estate.
- A detached 1 1/2 garage, garden storage sheds, and multiple covered areas offer four season entertaining.
- Manageable sized land tracts for both small animals and crop growing
- Private well, with two 5,000-gallon gravity fed water tanks
- Secure, large ventilated food storage bunker built into hillside located in the rear of the garage.
- Underground utilities
- Multi-Source fuel options including 2 oil tanks – 2,000 and 550 Gallon, a buried propane tank and three woodburning stoves and fireplaces
- South to south-western orientation promotes use of passive solar
- Full house generator
- Multiple storage/supply areas
- Ham radio set-up and large extendable hilltop antenna
- Greenhouse with established fruit producing plants – pears, peaches, grapes and wild berries
- Main-level master suite with glass ceiling and wall designed as an internal greenhouse
- Outdoor ovens and grills set in stone
- Striking hand-tiled Grecian bath
- Spacious kitchen with beautiful, soft to the touch Brazilian leathered granite countertops
- Large decks off the main floor and private decks from the bedrooms provide relaxing havens for morning coffee or an evening glass of wine while taking in the spectacular views
- Fully contained housekeeper’s quarters
"Information deemed Reliable but not Guaranteed."
|Address:||1192 Rabbit Skin Rd.|
|Heat/Cool:||Oil or Propane, Hot Water Steam|
|Lot size:||23 Acres|
|Scenery:||Distant Mountain Views|