THWACK! Bounce! POCK! — A tennis match is in progress, one of over 500 played on the backyard court of this private Charlotte home with tennis court.
On park-like grounds with huge shade trees and deer that frequent the property, this lovely home includes its own regulation tennis court, in-ground pool with slide and diving board, and even two basketball goals.
The house itself has been designed and positioned to take advantage of the beautiful setting. Large windows from the major living areas allow the home to be bathed in sunlight. Some of the amenities include — stone and cedar exterior, beamed ceilings, natural stone gas fireplace, roomy eat-in-kitchen with granite countertops, wet bar, beautiful baths with tile floors and attractive fittings, French doors, and newer heating and air conditioning system (HVAC), as well as a new roof with architectural shingles. Within the 2364 square feet, everything is on one level.
Owned by a retired NBA pro-basketball player and avid tennis enthusiast, the tennis court is regulation sized and has been recently resurfaced with fiberglass underlay, new lines, and new net. In a community full of tennis clubs, you never need to join one! Join a ladder and schedule play at your own home on your own club-quality court — no waiting for a court to become available, no dues, and no interruptions. With 40’ tall, 8-way lights, night games are commonplace.
Conveniently situated on 1.37 private acres and taking advantage of all that Charlotte offers, the home is within a short drive to some of the finest private schools in Charlotte —
Charlotte Christian School (3/4 of a mile from the house)
Providence Day School (3/4 of a mile from house)
Charlotte Latin School – 10-minute drive
Charlotte Country Day School – less than five minutes drive
(The four schools above represent some of the largest private schools in NC)
The Fletcher School – four-minute drive
Charlotte Prep School – 5-minute walk
Lubavitch Jewish School – across the street
Covenant Day School – less than 10-minute drive
Carmel Christian School – less than 10-minute drive
Jewish Community Center (JCC) or often called the “J” by locals – one mile through the other side of Lansdowne neighborhood
The city of Charlotte is ideal for enjoying the outdoors. A ten-minute walk finds you at either McAlpine Creek Greenway or James Boyce Park offering miles of connecting nature trails.
If you’re a cyclist, biking options for yourself or with small children are unlimited. Sidewalks run on both sides of Sardis Road and access the Greenway System. The current owner has biked directly from the house throughout all of Charlotte — hundreds of miles, including up to uptown, Meyers Park, Southpark, Cotswold with very routine flair to the west, and all the way as far as Monroe Airport in Monroe, NC to the east, day and night. Charlotte has good street lighting with good surface quality to the streets especially centralized around the house.
Additional amenities of this well-maintained Charlotte home with tennis court include:
- almost 300 square feet of floored, easy-access stand-up (8’ at center) attic storage;
- oversized pull-down attic access door with stairs;
- whole-house attic fan – reduces the need for AC (except for the hottest days) by using powerful suction to pull air from all parts of the home, creating cooling circulation and replacing hot, inside air with cooler outside air;
- attic fan insulation box to air-seal the whole house fan and prevent energy waste when the attic fan is not in use;
- commercial sized guttering and downspouts everywhere (versus standard residential narrower);
- aluminum gutter covers where needed;
- trench and French drain system – to prevent rainwater from getting into the crawl space;
- 150 square feet additional storage, shed, rear of yard, with new roof deck and 40-year architectural shingles (2011 – like rest of house)
- motion activated lights on all 4 corners of the home, and both corners of the bonus room
- 5-ton HVAC unit – installed 2015 – slightly oversized to easily handle large expansions to living space (3 ½ ton unit would be enough for existing square footage.);
- 2011 re-roofed with 40-year architectural shingles;
- 2013, all ductwork replaced with flex ducting everywhere;
- semi-sealed crawlspace dehumidifier designed to dehumidify up to 5,000 square feet of crawl space;
- electronic keyless entry locks on main entryways;
- tall and mature wax-leaf ligustrum hedge provides total privacy and prevents light cascading from the tennis court;
- regulation-height fencing around the tennis court;
- eight-way lighting (two lights at each corner of the court each on 40’ poles).
"Information deemed Reliable but not Guaranteed."
|Address:||6610 Sardis Road|
|Property Type:||Single Family Residential|
|Exterior:||Stone and Wood|
|Lot size:||1.37 Acres|